Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2018

MFT Olympics Event #3 - Crafty Biathlon



Event #3 of the MFT 2018 Creative Olympics - Crafty Biathlon!


The Crafty Biathlon tests your ability to adapt to obstacles and excel in multiple challenges simultaneously. Below you’ll find two columns – one representing a technique and the other, a type of card. Your challenge is to select one option from each column and combine into one fabulous card!


I chose to do an emboss resist technique on a shaker card.



I started off by stamping the Roses all Over background stamp onto white cardstock with Versamark watermark ink. I then heat embossed this with white embossing powder. I used MFT Ripe Raspberry Hybrid Ink over the top of the embossing, and then used kitchen towel to wipe the excess off the embossing.

I cut out the shaker window using Rectangle Peek-a-Boo Window die, which works perfectly with the Rectangle Shaker Pouches. The shaker elements were from my stash.

I adhered this onto some Razzle Berry cardstock.

The elephant image and balloon were stamped from the Adorable Elephants stamp set and colored with prismacolor pencils.

I used the new Anything But Basic Birthday Wishes stamp set for the sentiment, along with MFT's Ripe Raspberry hybrid ink. I then used transparent embossing powder to heat emboss the sentiment. I used banner dies from Blueprints set #27 & Blueprints set #29. Some bling finished the card off!

 
 


 
 

Thanks for looking!

Happy Crafting x

No comments:

Post a Comment